I have been working so long for a demanded desktop application. And today I have finished it. This app is for the commercial use. I named it as “Excel to XML for Tally”. Researching it i have used OpenXML SDK 2.5 to complete this project. Using C#.NET in visual studio, working with the resource file I completed this task of me.
This app lets you to convert the excel file into tally voucher which could be easily uploaded into “Tally”. As far as I know i have been working it on 15 days. This app works on .NET 4.5 environment to install. It was a tough task for me to make the exact sample of the XML file that was handed to me. In order to install this desktop app, you need .NET 4.5 framework installed in your machine.
I am now working it to run on the older version of framework in windows. I am also working now on the licensing part to which i could make it more commercial. Hope I will be able to make it proprietary.
If you asked me about the SMS API, a few months ago i would have failed to answer you. But working on the academic project under the co-ordination of my seniors and my team mates(Midusha Shrestha, Anjan Rai, Ritu Jain and me), have successfully completed the project and were able to show in time.
Our project was based on the SMS based resulting system and named as “Sajilo Result”. It was almost similar to the service provided by one of the renowned company of Nepal, named as Sparrow SMS. We worked as our supervisor demanded and was different from that service as we included the interface for uploading the data to the database.
We worked with our own cell phones as a SMS gateway and sent the result after processing the queries sent to us. Also on the admin side, we included the feature of data visualization which showed the visual view of the data uploaded.
I am very thankful to my team members and my seniors who helped a lot in this project.