While in the process of development of apps/software in any IDE, it is necessary to understand about the events and event handling. One cannot start developing in GUI until and unless he/she understands about the events and handling them. So what are events? Events are hard to be defined but it can be clearly understood by the help of example. The mouse clicking, double clicking, hovering, exiting, text changing, value changing etc are the events handlers. In such case, some tasks are performed. like what things are to be done when the mouse is clicked. In fact, one should know how to handle when such events are called. Some codes must be done in order to perform some tasks when the events are done. Like if have a button and on clicking some message must be displayed, in such case, on the click event of button I have to write a code to display the message. It is just like the function which is called with some arguments passed and within that function the codes is written. An example of event handling is somewhat like this:
private void Button_Click_1(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
//codes to handle the click event
The thing is nothing but the function which is called when the clicking is done in the button. And all those codes inside the function gets executed.
Visual studio is found to be versatile IDE. One can have a lots of working environment in visual studio. The interface for visual studio is just given below.
Once you are working in this environment, you should know something about the visual studio environment some of the terms you need to know is
- Start page: This is the main page where you enter to visual studio.You can either create a new project or open an existing project. For any latest news you can have the view from the next portion of start page.
- Title bar: Title bar consists of the title of the project you are working on.
- Menu bar: Consists of various types of menus where you can perform maximum operations.
- Status bar: Consists of the status report of the project you are working on.
- Toolbox: Consists of various types of controls for your project that you are working on. Toolbox item may be different from your project types. Just you need is to drag and drop your tool in the design pane.
- Solution explorer: Here your all the project files are registered. You can see your all project files over here.
- Properties: Here you can design the interface of your tool. Once you design the interface, it comes with the standard type. you can modify them exploring and editing the tool properties. Various tool have their own properties.
- Error list: If found any errors while building the solution, the errors are listed here .
There are a lot of tools and lot of terms in visual studio. Once you get familiar with these things you can easily have a good interface and better programming with visual studio.
Talking to most of the developers, I found them working on such environment that is versatile and easy to use. The .NET developers use visual studio. Simply it is huge, one can develop various application with just one IDE. For the web development visual studio provides ASP.NET, for the apps development one can use C# or VB or even C++ or even installing language packs one can use PYTHON. I find this very much useful IDE. It is just a single IDE that provides such a wide range of application development from desktop application to the cloud. From windows phone to windows store app. It gives wide range of application development. Various packs comes for the separate development environment. You can choose any one of them.
Click on below to go to the page for downloading visual studio 2012.
Visual Studio 2012